We have researched the top Skills Of A Helicopter Pilot. This is why we are sharing this post on helicopter pilot jobs. Suppose you want to know the helicopter pilot training price, then reading this post will help.
Certain milestones must be achieved before becoming a helicopter pilot. For instance, a commercial helicopter pilot must first pass all exams to obtain a private pilot license. Pilots must pass written and flight exams to obtain a pilot’s license, log the required amount of flight time and gain relative experience according to job specifications.
helicopter pilot jobs
Skills Of A Helicopter Pilot
- Inspect the parts/equipment and technical functions of the helicopter before flying
- Check the weather forecast and air pressure before flying
- Possess good knowledge of directions and air routes
- Make flying check-list and plans
- Plan and adopt the safest route while flying
- Monitor the technical processes, instrument panel, fuel consumption and weather condition during the course of flying
- Brief passengers on the safety rules and precautions to be taken during emergency
- Work in coordination with the ground staff and co-pilot
- Keep a continuous contact with the ground staff and update on the current helicopter flying conditions like altitude, route and speed
- Manage emergency situation with caution and safety
- Trained to perform safe landing and take-off
- Evaluate the performance of the helicopter and take corrective actions on the areas which require improvement
- Keep a check on the schedule of future assignments
- Target the right places during rescue operations or military operations
- Provide effective and accurate information during air traffic control programs, rescue programs, news agency reporting, wildlife monitoring, etc.
- Keep record and prepare report on the flight status
- Operate and perform in accordance with the state and federal regulations and standards
- Prepare monthly report on the total flights managed and performance of the same
- Report directly to the manager or respective agency heads
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Possess in-depth knowledge of helicopter operations and functions
- Highly trained pilot
- Knowledge of navigation equipment and control
- Good understanding of the safety practices and procedures and other aviation tools
- Good understanding of aerial and spacial atmosphere
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work under stressful and emergency situation
- Excellent eye and hand coordination
- Possess a good physical health and eye-vision
- A keen eye to details and well organized
- Patient and positive attitude
- Strong communication skills to communicate with co-pilot, ground staff, passengers, etc.
- Abreast with federal and state flying regulations
Training, Education and License Requirement
Helicopter pilots must hold a high school diploma as the minimum eligibility criteria. He/she must be a trained pilot from an approved flight school (preferably FAA- Federal Aviation Administration). Commercial pilots must have the experience of flying more than 150 hours of flight time with minimum 50 hours of responsible helicopter flying. Certification of flying experience from FAA is mandatory.
Obtaining a license is a must for helicopter pilots. FAA Commercial Pilot Rotorcraft license allows the pilots to fly helicopters and qualify for being a professional in this field. The pilots should also pass various tests including medical (physical and vision) and other written tests.
The salaries of helicopter pilots differ according to the area of their work and the total flying experience. The median salary of these pilots is $82,992. He/she receives an average salary of $46605 to $111,647 per year, according to July 2012 Payscale report. The amount of salary increases with years of experience. Also, pilots employed by government bodies receive greater amount than the commercial pilots.
A helicopter pilot works on the field and in air. This job involves risk and stress at all levels of operation. They are sometimes sent to remote places as well. Some of these pilots work full-time, while others are given contracts/projects. They have irregular works hours with both day and night shifts and have a proper dress code to follow.
helicopter pilot training price
Top 10 Luxury Helicopters in the World
Most people have heard of personal and charter jets, but luxury helicopters are the genuine gems. Not only are these aircraft comparatively less expensive, but helicopters can approach places that bulky jets can’t. Having a private or commercial helicopter is expedient, more environment friendly, and a symbol of status. Celebrities including Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and Donald Trump own a luxury helicopter, and this slot market has grown considerably in recent years due to demand from the rich.
They are well-appointed with all the newest technology, and interior seating marks that are designed in fine Italian leather upholstery.
Therefore the list of top 10 luxury helicopters is given below:
1. Augusta Westland AW119 Ke Koala:
The Koala is chiefly used by law enforcement, but it can easily provide accommodation to a group of corporate directors traveling on business. It has a VIP services quite adequately, with premium leather upholstery and seating for about 6 passengers and 2 operators. The Koala reaches a top speed of 166 mph (267 km/h) and a range of 618 miles (995 km). Price ranges from $1.8 to $3 million.
2. Eurocopter Hermès EC 135:
Though this brand of luxury helicopters is not suitable for long distant trips, is has a class apart built. The typical EC 135 will cost you a mere $4.2 million, but the one with the interior design from the best in class designer will cost you up to $6 million. The top speed is 178 mph, but the range is just 395 miles.
3. Augusta Westland AW109 Grand Versace VIP:
Augusta Westland teamed up with the Italian fashion house Versace to produce a super luxury interior for this fancier version of the AW109. The top speed is about 177 mph and a range of 599 miles. The mere difference is that all 599 of those miles will be more luxurious for the VIP passengers. Hence, will cost you $6.3 million price tag and the helicopter is fully covered in Versace leather, design and exterior.
4. Eurocopter Mercedes-Benz EC 145:
If you’re a Mercedes fan, now you can fly your preferred brand helicopter too. A regular EC 145 costs about $5.5 million, so the Mercedes version is going to cost anywhere around $7 million. But it’s totally worth it. No other Mercedes can go 153 mph while flying 17,000 feet above the ground. It has all the luxury of the famous German sports.
5. Eurocopter EC 175:
The EC 175 made its wonderful first appearance at the Paris Air Show in 2009. The chief feature of the EC 175 is that it can hold 16 passengers contentedly inside. The top speed reaches 178 mph (286 km/h), with a range of 345 miles (555 km). It costs whooping $7.9 million.
6. Eurocopter EC 155:
This is a luxurious chopper. Its top speed is an impressive 200 mph with a range of 533 miles. It can seat as many as 13 passengers; this spacious EC 155 aircraft will cost you $10 million.
7. Sikorsky S-76C:
The Sikorsky S-76C is more generally known as Black Hawk. The massive interior is large sufficient to fit up to a dozen passengers, but the seating occupies 4 passengers in Black Hawk model. It reaches a top speed of 178 mph (286 km/h) and has a range of 473 miles (761 km). It would cost you a $12.95 million.
8. Augusta Westland AW139:
The AW139 is appropriate for law enforcement, armed patrol and firefighters. It has a capacity to seat 8 passengers. The AW139 can reach an unbelievable top speed of 193 mph (310 km/h), with a range of 573 miles (922 km). It carries a beautiful interior costing you a hefty $14.5 million.
9. Bell 525 Relentless:
Like the Gulfstream 650 jet, the Bell 525 Relentless helicopter isn’t on the market currently. This chopper is going to cost $15 million. They predicted that the seating will be for 16, a top speed of 162 mph, and a range of 460 miles. This bright yellow Relentless with amazing seating will cost you a fortune.
10. Sikorsky S-92 VIP Configuration:
The S-92 can safely accommodate 9 passengers in its extensive interior cabin. The prices vary exponentially if you plan on decking the interiors with gold or crystal. The top speed of the S-92 is around 194 mph (312 km/h), with a range of 594 miles (956 km). The prices range from $17 million to $32 million.
Helicopter charter can be the most stress-free travel familiarity you will ever have. Which includes being able to travel outside of airports to reach vital meetings or even other flights in a different airport. Though rich class can afford these luxury helicopters, they are worth the investment.