In this post, we’ll break down our list of best soap for pimples and oily skin for you. We will give you an insight of each of best soap for pimples and dark spots available. Since each of the best soap for oily acne prone skin has made the list, you can assume that each of them would make a great choice. Which one you choose will ultimately depend on your own personal needs and budget.
oap for pimples and oily skin is a popular natural remedy that can be applied once a day. It is quite effective and has a large number of fans on social media. There are several active online groups where people share their experience with using soaps for acne. Many of them recommend over-the-counter products but here we discuss a couple that are specifically made for acne and apply directly onto your skin using a small amount. When used regularly, they can provide long-lasting relief from breakouts and whiteheads, and offer similar results to more expensive skin care products.
Soap For Pimples And Oily Skin
Soap isn’t necessarily bad for acne, but the wrong type of soap or cleanser can irritate the skin, making acne worse or making it difficult to use appropriate acne medications — many of which are drying,” Welsh says. “A good acne cleanser will remove surface oils and makeup thoroughly without irritation.”
Curious to tackle acne with the right cleanser? We broke down the best 15 soaps, noting which key ingredients make them effective and what kind of skin type might benefit from each one. And keep reading to find out other effective ways to maintain an acne-based routine.
best soap for oily acne prone skin
Tea tree oil
How it works: Backed by research, this powerful oil is often used to spot-treat pimples, but when it comes to cleansers, experts advise against using it undiluted. Instead, look for it as a diluted ingredient in cleansers to provide an effective antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect on bacterial and inflamed acne.
Most effective for: Oily skin.
How it works: The low-lather formula includes non-comedogenic cleansing ingredients like glycerin to remove daily dirt without drying out your pores of natural oils.
Most effective for: Normal to oily skin.
ROHTO Hadalabo Gokujun Cleansing Oil
How it works: The popular Japanese cleanser contains high-purity olive oil for cleansing, hyaluronic acid for moisture, and jojoba seed oil for balancing sebum. Jojoba oil helps signal to your skin not to overproduce oils.
Most effective for: Oily to combination skin.
How it works: Regardless of the form (bar, liquid, foaming, etc.), activated charcoal is believed to work by binding to other substances, like excess oil. There’s no research to verify these claims, but user testimonials on products remain positive.
Most effective for: Normal to oily skin.
Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser Acne Treatment
How it works: Sulfur draws out impurities and clears pores while honey and rice bran extracts calm redness, and natural oat extract removes excess oil.
Most effective for: Normal, oily, and combination skin.
Bonus: Parabans-, sulfates-, and phthalates-free.
In a lot of cases environmental factors and diet can be a contributing factor to a buildup oily particles in your skin’s pores. These attract bacteria which causes inflammation as your body tries to fight and react. While there are very powerful cleansers and even medicated creams available, prevention is always the best approach to take.
However, you’ve probably found that many facial soaps will actually aggravate the condition. But you cannot go without washing your face as that will allow more pores to become blocked. It’s an awful catch 22 situation.
The good news is that there are soaps available that are extremely gently on your skin and work to reduce the causes of acne. On this page you will find options that have proven to work, no matter what type of skin you have.
Top 3 – Editor’s Picks
Before I dig into all of the information, here’s a quick summary table of the top 3 best acne soaps products I’d recommend.
I know how daunting it feels when besides spending your hard earned money, all you’re left with is an awful soap that does nothing but worsen your acne.
Now before moving on to evaluating the best acne soap for you, let me explain a few important things…
Using an acne-fighting soap is not dumb!
Perish all thoughts that suggest your hygiene has nothing to do with your acne. Choosing a right acne fighting soap is just as important as choosing a right cream, serum, or pill for treating acne.
But only when you do it the right way…
Let me explain why.
Don’t bother thinking that just by buying and using soap, you’ll be able to eradicate your acne.
The development of your acne has a lot more to do with complex interplay of the inner balance of your body than just using a soap topically.
Don’t expect too much from a soap!
Keep in mind that the best a soap can serve is to fade acne causing bacteria, eliminate pore-clogging, moisturize your skin, and keep it clean and refreshed; nothing more than that.
It cannot go deep inside your body to control several internal factors like hormonal imbalance, dietary deficiencies, heredity, stress, certain cosmetics (not these foundations for acne prone skin, though) etc., that are the root causes of acne. Therefore, an acne-fighting soap can only help in fading your existing breakouts and can’t guarantee to prevent future breakouts.
And that’s where our realistic approach to making use of acne fighting soaps comes into play.
3 Steps for an Effective Use of Anti-Acne Soaps
Step 1: Don’t neglect the root causes of acne
If you aren’t targeting the main hideout of acne, from where it’s deployed all over your skin, using a soap topically will only put temporary patches on it.
This is a thorough discussion indeed, which is beyond the scope of this post, but you can begin with these handy tips to ensure that you’re also treating your acne internally:
- Drink lots of water – 12-14 glasses a day: Water helps to dispose of toxic waste, control calories, energize muscles, and most importantly, it promotes your skin’s health.
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits: They’re the biggest source of essential nutrients that are responsible for your well-being. You have to keep a greater percentage of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Exercise on a regular basis: It relieves stress, promotes better sleep, controls your weight, and boosts energy. But don’t allow excessive sweat to buildup on your skin as it might clog your skin pores.
Now let’s check out the second step.
Step 2: Determine your skin type
This is important if you don’t already know your skin type. It’ll help you in the third step, in which you’ll begin evaluating the right soap for yourself.
You can simply go through the following steps to determine the type of your skin.
- Thoroughly wash your face – maybe with your cleanser.
- Leave it for an hour and avoid touching your face during this time.
- Now dab your face with a tissue while paying more attention to the T-area of your face.
Once you’ve done that, the condition of the tissue will determine your skin type:
- If the tissue is neither flaky nor oily, you most likely have normal skin.
- If it feels rather greasy, it’s a sign of oily skin.
- If the tissue seems flaky or feels taut, you have dry skin.
- Finally, if the tissue exhibits each of these three traits, you have the most common skin type, i.e. combination skin.
Let’s head on towards the third and the last step.
Step 3: Evaluate the Best Acne Soap for Yourself
You can now begin to choose the best acne fighting soap according to your skin type and needs. Here they are:
1. Misumi Blemish Clear Body Wash
Misumi’s Blemish Clear Body Wash is by far our favorite liquid acne soap. This product really hits the nail on the head in terms of providing a powerful acne treatment and prevention system.
Misumi’s signature body wash focuses on treating the problem, rather than the symptom. It uses a unique and powerful combination of Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, and Lactic Acid to effectively unclog pores, clear your skin, and minimize redness and irritation without causing excessive dryness.Best For: All skin types.
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid
- Clears acne fast.
- Best choice by far if you want to get rid of Body Acne.
- Effectively clears up blemishes without drying the skin like other acne wash with Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Provides deep cleansing. Blemish Clear Body Wash is the most effective exfoliating body wash we’ve tested.
- Lactic acid hydrates and softens the skin. Stimulates collagen-building, promoting younger-looking skin.
- Treats and prevents future breakouts.
- Anti-inflammatory. Helps to reduce inflammation and redness of the skin.
- Contains Lavender Oil which is a safe and natural ingredient for calming blemishes and controlling oily skin. It also helps to reduce acne scarring and uneven skin tone.
- Guilt Free: Paraben-free. Cruelty-free. No animal testing.
- 100% money-back guarantee. You can try it and return it if you don’t like it.
- Don’t use this product if your skin is allergic to Salicylic, Glycolic, or Lactic Ingredients
- This acne wash is pricier than its competitors (selling at $28.99). However, it does come in a generous size. The 4 fl. Oz. bottle will last you around 2 full months. Plus, they offer a 60 money back guarantee.
2. Exposed Body Wash for Acne
If you’re looking for a soap wash that’s specially manufactured to combat stubborn acne, this product could be a great choice for you.Best For: All skin types.
Though it doesn’t contain salicylic acid in its mildest concentration, and it also has glycolic acid present in it, but because there’s also the addition of the soothing tea tree oil, this makes it a fair choice for even sensitive skin.
Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%). Also contains glycolic acid and tea tree oil.
- A good choice if you’re looking for a soap wash to get rid of your body acne.
- Salicylic acid acne treatment penetrates deep into your clogged skin pores, eliminating excess oil that may be causing pore clogging.
- Glycolic acid helps exfoliate dead cells from your skin, while the soothing properties of tea tree oil ensure this treatment doesn’t get harsh on your skin.
- Folks at Exposed back all their products with a money-back guarantee. This gives an extra layer of protection if it doesn’t go your way.
- Just as the name suggests, it is a body wash, not one you can use to cleanse your face.
- Don’t go for it if you have a history of messing up with BHAs/AHAs like salicylic and glycolic acid.
- Use in the shower or bath.
- Gently massage over your back acne prone areas (or any area on your neck or shoulders where the breakouts are.). Rinse off well.
- If possible, follow up with a gentle dabbing (not rubbing) of Derm-X (included in Exposed body acne kit) cloth over these areas to remove any remains of dead skin cells.
3. Keeva Organics Tea Tree Soap
If you’re looking for a soap that fights acne effectively, as well as not containing harsh chemicals that might irritate your sensitive, acne prone skin, this soap is one of your best choices.
This tea tree soap from Keeva organics boasts a unique combination of anti-bacterial properties of tea tree oil to fight acne causing bacteria, along with other soothing ingredients such as aloe vera and coconut oil.Active Ingredient: Organic tea tree oil.
- All natural product, free of harsh chemicals. This makes it one of the best choices for sensitive acne prone skin.
- Doesn’t leave your skin excessively dry, rather it gives it a soft and clear complexion.
- Can help minimize severe conditions such as cystic acne.
- Guilt Free: No animal testing. I like when products claim they’re cruelty-free upfront, but unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to be the norm.
- All Keeva products are made with natural organic ingredients, if you suffer from allergies to any of the natural ingredients labeled please do not use their products.
- If you’re expecting a tea tree smell out of this soap, you’ll regret.
- The size of the bar isn’t that big, so careful usage will be required to make it last for long.
- Use on face and/or body.
- Gently massage your face and over your back, shoulders & neck or any acne prone areas.
- Rinse off well.
- Repeat Daily.
4. Christina Moss Naturals Organic Body Soap
If you are looking for a soap that doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals that might exasperate your sensitive skin and battles with acne effectively, then Christina Moss Naturals Organic Body Soap is one of your best picks.Best for: All skin types. If you have sensitive skin, then this is the right choice for you.
- Coconut Oil
- Safflower Oil
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Glycerin
- If you have sensitive skin and are looking for an all natural product, free of harsh chemicals, then this is a good choice for you.
- It doesn’t leave your skin excessively dry, rather it gives you a soft and clear skin.
- Guilt Free: No animal testing. Christina Moss products claim they’re cruelty-free upfront.
- All Christina Moss products are made with 100% natural organic ingredients. If you suffer from allergies to any of the natural ingredients labeled, don’t use it.
- Fairly Expensive. The size of the bar isn’t big, careful usage is required to make it last for long.
- Doesn’t prevent future breakouts.
- Not to be used as your facial bar exclusively.
- It is best used under a shower to tackle body acne.
5. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar
If you’ve ever been to a dermatologist, it’s probably not the first time you’ve stumbled upon Cetaphil. This is the brand most of the Derms and Pediatricians love to recommend, and rightly so.
Why? Because it effectively clears your skin of excessive oil and bacteria without drying it out too much.Best For: Dry and sensitive skin.
Cetaphil products are gentle enough that even a baby’s skin can tolerate it. A mother at Amazon claimed she cleared her daughter’s baby eczema with it. Moreover, I’ve also heard a guy using it as an after-shave – it’s that soothing!
Active Ingredient: Triclosan 0.3% (A prominent ingredient used in most of the soaps, detergents, and surgical treatments as an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.).
- It’s fragrance free but still smells nice!
- Leaves your skin with a smooth, soft, and refreshed sensation after rinsing off.
- Can also help with itching problems.
- Can act as your anti-acne moisturizer.
- There’s also anti-bacterial version of cetaphil bar available if you’re looking for an extra strength treatment (though, its just as gentle).
- Can’t remove your makeup as well.
- It’s thick and doesn’t lather much like an ordinary soap.
- The bar doesn’t last long; you have to follow the best practices of using soaps.
- Nothing fancy, just apply to skin when bathing or washing and rinse.
best soap for pimples and dark spots
BEST SITES LIKE ALIEXPRESS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING
AliExpress is a massively popular Chinese online retail service owned by Alibaba Group. It was launched in 2010 and hasn’t stopped its journey to becoming the ‘biggest online marketplace of the world‘ ever-since. AliExpress stands toe-to-toe even with Amazon in terms of buyers worldwide. It offers wholesale goods at direct-to-consumer prices from Chinese sellers.
It also works as a great dropshipping model for a lot of e-commerce entrepreneurs. Along with a lot of good sides, AliExpress has some cons as well. The biggest problem is the shipping time of AliExpress orders, which is pretty long considering the goods come from China. Also, some orders can be very expensive after shipping charges and taxes.
So, it is a good thing to have some AliExpress alternatives whenever you don’t like its services. That’s why we are telling you about 21 best sites like AliExpress. Some of these websites offer cheaper prices and faster shipping on certain products. And, you can also use them to maintain a nice profit margin for your dropshipping business.
LightInTheBox is the perfect AliExpress alternative as it is also a Chinese e-Store. It sells hot and trending products across the globe. Their products range from phone and electronics to fashion, jewelry, shoes, bags, and many other items. You can find almost anything here at a very cheap price.
The delivery time of LightInTheBox is also similar to AliExpress as their warehouses are located only in China. But, you may get a faster shipping time due to having fewer orders to ship. You can pay for your orders with PayPal, Western Union, or your credit card.
Wish is a widely popular online marketplace where you can buy almost anything. From clothing to footwear, electronics, healthcare items, and many more things, you can get them all for an incredibly cheap price. They are also known to offer great deals and coupons to their new customers.
Their shipping time is also faster than AliExpress as their products come from sellers located in small countries. Wish also provides an advanced rating system that is very helpful for both the consumers as well as sellers. It helps promote good ones.
Overstock is a US-based online marketplace. It makes profit by selling wholesale products at a highly cheap price tag. A major portion of their stock is comprised of overstock from the major retailers or their seconds. You can find some really amusing deals here. The shipping time will also be lower as compared to the Chinese marketplaces. You can get your items within a week.
The product range of Overstock is incredible. You can find everything such as clothing, decor, kitchen appliances, and many more items. You can even find furniture and other big home items. So, you can use to fill your house with great stuff at a reduced price.
DealeXtreme, more popularly known as DX, is an amazing online marketplace. The website works in a very similar manner as ‘Wish’ and sells cheap products coming directly from sellers. It has partnered with many small businesses and sells its products to a wide base of audience.
The shipping time is a problem with DX also because their warehouses are located in China. Apart from this, you can get some really worthy deals on DX. You should always keep an eye on their clearance sales for the best prices.
Gearbest is the perfect AliExpress alternative if you are looking to shop for the latest gadgets or electronic devices. It works with over 5000 Chinese brands and top suppliers to deliver the best products. It has products from top Chinese companies such as Xiaomi, Huawei, Lenovo, and many others. But, it isn’t just an electronic store.
You can also find a massive range of other products as well. The prices available on GearBest are reduced, and you can even reduce them with the available coupons. They also have warehouses in multiple countries. So, you can get faster shipping from the local warehouse.
BangGood is another Chinese e-commerce platform that provides worldwide shipping of cheap goods. You can find almost anything on this website, from clothing to electronics, and even home items. The prices available are marked down from their original prices. You can also get amazing deals during special clearance sales.
BangGood provides a free $20 coupon to every new user. The shipping time for BangGood orders is faster than AliExpress for certain products. However, the regular shipping time is similar.
ChinaBrands is a widely popular Chinese e-Store where you can buy products at wholesale prices. You can find almost anything on this website at a highly affordable price. Their shipping prices are also low but you will get a long shipping time. It is the perfect website for buyers who want the lowest prices but can wait for their orders for at least a month.
Most of the ChinaBrands sellers run their factories from China, and their warehouses are located there only. This is the reason for the considerably long shipping time.
Bonanza is a unique American online marketplace where you can find a great range of products. They have over 20 million items from more than 50,000 sellers. It is a growing e-commerce store where even you can sell your items. It is a preferred platform by more than 20,000 entrepreneurial sellers. You can find some really amazing handcrafted items and collectibles here.
For people looking to shop regular items, this store may disappoint you a little. The prices of some items may be a little higher than some Chinese stores. But, the quality provided will be worth it.
21 ALIEXPRESS ALTERNATIVE STORES
Here are 21 AliExpress Alternatives that you can use to shop online.
- DealXtreme (DX)
- American Greenwood
AliExpress is amazing but it is always good to have options when you are shopping. So, these are the 21 best sites like AliExpress. If you ever feel like you should look somewhere else, these are some stores that you should visit. You can also use these for your dropshipping business if you are an aspiring entrepreneur. Make sure you have a solid plan before beginning.