Buying the best Upper Class Car Brands and ultra luxury car brands can be hard if you’re unaware of what features to look for especially that there are so many of them to find around. For this reason, we’ve put up a guide highlighting the top luxury cars in the category.
Our team has researched and reviewed these products to help you come up with a better decision.
upper class car brands
Who are the top 10 luxury car brands in the world in 2020? The following is a list of the upper class car brands
1. Tesla, Inc.
New on the list of the top 10 luxury car brands in the world list starts with Tesla, the American electric vehicle and clean energy company based in Palo Alto, California. Tesla was founded in 2003 as a technology company and automaker. Tesla ranks as the world’s best-selling plug-in as well as best-selling battery electric passenger car manufacturers by cars sold in 2019.
Tesla’s main pull is in the electric vehicle market and provides a very popular car lineup of luxury cars including the Model S, Model X, Model Y; the everyday brand Model 3; and the soon to be released Cybertruck. Tesla is disrupting the luxury car market as its sales numbers are wreaking havoc on the pre-owned luxury car market. The once-strong demand for European luxury brands is now shifting to Tesla’s electric car offerings.
- Founded: 2003
- Tesla Headquarters: Palo Alto, California, U.S.
- Tesla Total Asset Value: USD 34.30 billion
- Tesla Revenue: USD 24.57 billion
- Tesla Number of Employees: 48,016
The brand power of Ferrari has always been super strong and that’s why the company ranks 2nd on BizVibe’s list of the top 10 luxury car brands in the world in 2020. Ferrari is is an Italian luxury sports car manufacturer known for its supercars. Ferrari has two headquarters, one in the Netherlands and the other in Italy, and has annual revenues of nearly USD 3.8 billion. Brand Finance ranked Ferrari as the world’s most powerful brand in 2014.
- Founded: 1939
- Ferrari Headquarters: Maranello, Emilia-Romagna, Italy & Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Ferrari Total Asset Value: USD 4.57 billion
- Ferrari Revenue: USD 3.73 billion
- Ferrari Number of Employees: 3,336
Coming in 3rd on the list of the top luxury car brands in the world is also from Italy and a luxury vehicle brand known for its supercars. Lamborghini is an Italian brand and manufacturer of luxury sports cars and SUVs based in Sant’Agata Bolognese and currently owned by the Volkswagen Group through its subsidiary Audi. The company brings in annual revenues of USD 647.2 million and in addition to luxury cars, the company is also known for manufacturing marine engines, motorcycles, and other branded merchandise.
- Founded: 1963
- Lamborghini Headquarters: Sant’Agata Bolognese, Italy
- Lamborghini Revenue: USD 647.2 million
- Lamborghini Number of Employees: 1,146
Mercedes-Benz is a German global automobile marque and a division of Daimler AG and 4th on BizVibe’s list of the top luxury car brands In the world. The company is known for luxury vehicles, vans, trucks, buses, coaches, and ambulances. Founded in 1926, Mercedez-Benz brings in the highest annual revenue among the top luxury car brands with annual revenues reaching USD 185 billion.
- Founded: 1926
- Mercedes-Benz Headquarters: Stuttgart, Germany
- Mercedes-Benz Revenue: USD 185 billion
BMW is a German multinational company known for manufacturing and producing automobiles and motorcycles. Founded in 1916, BMW is a well-recognized company with high annual revenues. The company’s headquarters are in Munich, Germany and the company is especially known for its German-engineering. BMW is 2nd to Mercedes-Benz in annual revenue on this list.
- Founded: 1916
- BMW Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- BMW Revenue: USD 115.2 billion
Specializing in high-performance luxury cars, Porsche is a German automobile manufacturer and 6th on this list of the top 10 luxury car brands in the world in 2020. Porsche’s current lineup of sportscars includes the 718 Boxster/Cayman, 911, Panamera, Macan, Cayenne, and Taycan.
Porsche was founded in 1931 in Germany and is majority-owned by Porsche Automobil Holding SE.
- Founded: 1931
- Porsche Headquarters: Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Porsche Revenue: USD 23.8 billion
- Porsche Number of Employees: 24,481
7. Aston Martin
The first UK-based company on this list of the top luxury vehicle brands is the British independent manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers Aston Martin. Aston Martin generated annual revenue of USD 1.23 billion last year and is known for its multiple luxury car lines.
- Founded: 1913
- Aston Martin Headquarters: Gaydon, England, UK
- Aston Martin Revenue: USD 1.23 billion
Jaguar is a British multinational car manufacturer with its headquarters in Whitley, Coventry, England and is the luxury car segment for Jaguar Land Rover. The company ranks 8th on BizVibe’s list of the top luxury car brands in the world in 2020 due to its popular lineup of cars.
The company was founded in 1935 and has a current car lineup including the following vehicles: E-Pace, F-Pace, F-Type, I-Pace, XE, XF, and XJ.
- Founded: 1935
- Jaguar Headquarters: Whitley, Coventry, England
- Jaguar Revenue: USD 32 billion
9. Rolls Royce
The third company on this list the British luxury automobile maker, Rolls Royce. Rolls Royce is currently owned by German group BMW and is known for a wide range of luxury cars with a strong brand presence worldwide. The company was founded in 1998 and ranks 3rd on this list of the top 10 luxury car brands in the world.
- Founded: 1998
- Rolls Royce Headquarters: Goodwood, West Sussex, England, United Kingdom
- Rolls Royce Revenue: USD 20.6 million
- Rolls Royce Number of Employees: 1,300
Bentley is s a British manufacturer of luxury cars and is currently owned by the Volkswagen Group. Bentley is a brand synonymous with the word luxury and has a really popular lineup of luxury cars and vehicles. Bentley was founded in 1919 — making the company one of the oldest among the top 10 luxury car brands in the world list.
- Founded: 1919
- Bentley Headquarters: Crewe, England, United Kingdom
- Bentley Revenue: USD 1.6 million
Online car buying site reviews
Autotrader has millions of vehicles to choose from. The Car Research and Review section of the site helps car buyers calculate how much they can afford to spend on a car. The site is also full of helpful educational resources to inform users on every aspect of buying and selling a car, including finding the right insurance, tips for getting a car sold and comparison photos. In addition to buying vehicles, you can also sell or trade in your car on the site.Read more about Autotrader.com
The prices on CarMax are non-negotiable, meaning there’s no need to haggle. The site exclusively offers used vehicles. However, there are a moderate amount of cars with very low mileage. CarMax spends an average of 12 hours prepping each vehicle for purchase — each car must pass a 125-point inspection and undergo a thorough cleaning before being put up for sale.Read more about Carmax
CarsDirect has both new and used cars for sale. The site is able to provide auto financing for those with poor credit, no credit and any other level of credit. Leasing and refinancing are additional options. Because this site works with a high number of diverse dealerships nationwide, a wide range of cars are available to customers.Read more about CarsDirect
CarFax is well known for providing comprehensive vehicle history reports that detail all previous damage and ownership history. It works with over 28,000 dealerships nationwide to sell a variety of used cars. You can sign up for alerts on recalls and necessary maintenance reminders to make sure your car is in tip-top shape. The accompanying mobile app receives strong reviews from users.Read more about Carfax
Cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles are available on this classic bidding site. You can either bid on a vehicle or, if available, buy at the set price. You can also look at satisfaction ratings to see if a seller has a history of satisfied customers and is legitimate. Daily deals on car parts and other accessories also provide opportunities for savings.Read more about eBay Motors
Edmunds has a wealth of resources to guide consumers on their car-buying journeys, including user forums, latest news in the auto industry and informative articles. You can read professional reviews of cars, including pros, cons and what’s new in recent models. The True Market Value for each car helps you know if you’re getting a good deal.
- User forums: If you have a question for the world out there, you can post it in the Edmunds user forums. You can also see if anyone else has a similar question.
- Expert-ranked cars by category: If you already know what type of car you want, like a mid-sized sedan or a crossover, then you can look at Edmunds’ expert rankings for each category to get an idea of the best models.
- Compare prices: You can see what people like you paid for similar cars in your area, helping to ensure you get a good deal on your car.
- News and resources: Stay up to date on all things auto-related by reading the latest news and combing through Edmunds’ informative resources.
- Companion app: Edmunds’ companion app provides most of the functionality available on the website. One neat feature is the Edmunds Suggested Price, which can help you haggle with the dealer.
CarSoup offers both new and used vehicles. Multiple search options and filters make finding the perfect car easier than ever. The site uses referral tools to connect individual sellers to local dealerships. Informative articles and research tools also help consumers broaden their knowledge on all subjects automobile related. Last of all, their accompanying app serves as a helpful resource to search for cars wherever you may be.
- Price calculator: CarSoup’s Price Your Car Calculator lets you put in the basic details of your car and get a general estimate of how much your car is worth.
- More than just cars: CarSoup also sells RVs, campers, boats, ATVs, trucks, snowmobiles and motorcycles.
- Referral tool for sellers: CarSoup’s referral tool helps individual sellers find local dealerships that want to sell their car.
- Online resources: CarSoup has a wealth of other resources to help you in your car search, including financing for those with poor credit, car donation options and vehicle history reports.
- My Garage feature: CarSoup’s My Garage feature lets you save all the vehicles you have an eye on. Just go to your garage to compare the vehicles you’ve saved.
Enterprise Car Sales lets customers buy, sell and trade new and used vehicles online. Customers can search for nearby vehicles, use car buying calculators and obtain financing through Enterprise.
- Online vehicle inventory: Select from over 250 makes and models of cars, trucks, SUVs and vans.
- Limited powertrain warranty: All vehicles come with a 12-month or 12,000-mile limited powertrain warranty. The company also provides a full year of roadside assistance when you purchase a new or used vehicle.
- Shipping: Enterprise fees start at $199 for local auto shipping and $499 for long-distance transportation services.
- Return policy: You can return a vehicle with seven days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first, for any reason.
Bring-A-Trailer is an online car auction platform for buyers and sellers. Customers first submit their vehicles for approval and are paired with an auction specialist. Buyers are responsible for arranging and paying for shipping.
- Online vehicle inventory: Browse live auctions to find classic and collector cars, luxury vehicles and motorcycles. Available makes include Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin and Porsche.
- Auction costs: Buyers pay a 5% commission fee on top of the final sale. It costs between $99 and $349 for sellers to submit a vehicle to the auction, depending on whether you want to include professional photos.
- Registration: Buyers must register in order to place a bid on an auction through Bring-A-Trailer.
- Shipping: Buyers are responsible for arranging and paying for shipping.
Autotempest is a third-part online aggregator that also provides tools to compare quotes and calculators to estimate trade-in values. It does not facilitate transactions but directs buyers to sites such as Carvana, TrueCar, Detroit Trading, eBay and craigslist.
- Online vehicle inventory: Find used cars priced from less than $1,000 to $20,000. Specialty vehicles, including classic and vintage cars, are also available.
- Research tools: Access free tools to compare quotes for cars, insurance and shipping. Through a calculator function, you can also estimate the value of your trade-in vehicle.
- Additional products: Autotempest sells merchandise, such as shirts and mugs, through its web store.
- Customer service: Users can ask questions or file complaints through an online form.
Hemmings is an online marketplace to sell, buy and trade classic vehicles. Find cars for sale, parts, services and real estate.
- Online vehicle inventory: Find muscle cars, imports, American classics and more. Some of the oldest vehicles available for purchase were made in the 1880s.
- Car auctions: Place bids online for exotics, classics, muscle cars, performance cars, trucks, SUVs, resto-mods and motorcycles.
- Additional services: In addition to classic cars and car parts, the company sells gifts, clothing, books and magazines. Hemmings publications are available through a subscription in the United States and Canada.
- Customer service: Hemmings customer service is available online and over the phone, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Time).