Looking for the best wedding anniversary quotes, wedding anniversary quotes for wife, wedding anniversary quotes to wife, or wedding anniversary quotes for parents? Then yoiu have come to the right place.
The wedding may long be over, but each passing year in marriage is still a milestone worthy of celebration. Among the many memorable moments for couples—where they met, their first date, their first kiss—their wedding day rises to the top. Love and marriage isn’t always easy, which is why sending anniversary wishes is so important; the day serves as a reminder to the couple of the reasons they fell in love, the promises they made to one another and the hopes and dreams that lie ahead.
wedding anniversary quotes for husband
- A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year. Paul Sweeney
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. Mignon McLaughlin
- When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. Arrigo Boito
- Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years. Simone Signoret
- Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant, as the years multiply. Zane Grey
- A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences. Dave Meurer
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage. Martin Luther
- I love being my husband’s wife. Julianna Margulies
- We loved with a love that was more than love. Edgar Allan Poe
- Where there is love there is life. Mahatma Gandhi
- That there’s no more important decision in life than who you marry. Brad Paisley
- Under this window in stormy weather I marry this man and woman together; Let none but Him who rules the thunder Put this man and woman asunder. Jonathan Swift
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate then when I fall asleep your eyes close. Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets
- You marry somebody; you love everything about them. You grow to learn about them. You never learn everything. Chris Daughtry
- I love marriage. I think it’s a wonderful institution and it’s the most important decision you make. Isla Fisher
- Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new. Ursula K. Le Guin, The Lathe of Heaven
- If I had a flower for every time thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever. Alfred Tennyson
- Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family – a domestic church. Pope John Paul II
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
- You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Dr. Seuss
- There is no remedy for love but to love more. Henry David Thorea
- The heart has its reasons which reason knows not. Blaise Pascal
- The concept of two people living together for 25 years without a serious dispute suggests a lack of spirit only to be admired in sheep. A. P. Herbert
- I’ve been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she’ll kill me. Henny Youngman
- Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can’t sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can’t sleep with the window open. George Bernard Shaw
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. When Harry Met Sally
- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. Sophocles
- Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. Charles M. Schulz
- Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward. E.E. Cummings
Happy Anniversary Quotes
As simple as can be, you can’t go wrong with two simple words: “Happy Anniversary!” And when you pair this phrase with happy anniversary quotes like these below, they can mean that much more.
- Cheers to your special day. Happy Anniversary!
- It’s time to celebrate all over again. Happy Anniversary!
- Here’s wishing you another year of true love. Happy Anniversary!
- Warm wishes to you on your marriage milestone. Happy Anniversary!
- Here’s to another love-filled year together. Happy Anniversary!
- Every day, continue to love each other more and more. Happy Anniversary!
- Dos. Deux. Duo. However you say it, this day is about you two! Happy Anniversary!
- Best wishes to the best couple I know. Happy Anniversary!
- This special day is reserved just for you. Happy Anniversary!
- Skip the dress and tux, and enjoy some cake in the comfort of each other’s company. Happy Anniversary!
Anniversary Quotes for Him
Tripped up on anniversary wishes to give the mister? When you’re looking for a little more than just “I love you,” try these wedding anniversary quotes for him that show your heart is still his.
- Thanks for being the big spoon to my little spoon.
- I’m still glad you met me.
- Another year past, and I’m still achin’ for your bacon.
- You’ll always be my stud muffin.
- You are and will always be my happy place.
- Sleeping by your side guarantees sweet dreams.
- Thanks for being my handyman even when nothing between us ever feels broken.
- For better or worse, I still choose you.
- You’re the only team I ever want to play on.
Anniversary Quotes for Her
The gown may be gone for the beautiful bride, but she stills melts your heart like the first day you met. When you send her anniversary wishes, use these sweet wedding anniversary quotes for her to let her know you love her as much today as you did then.
- Marrying you was the smartest thing I ever did.
- You’re as beautiful today as you were on our wedding day.
- I seriously won the lady lottery!
- Thanks for not holding out for better.
- Another year with you makes me hope we live forever.
- I didn’t think it was possible to love you anymore, but yet, here I am.
- I looked up “perfect” in the dictionary and there was a picture of you.
- As lovely as you looked in your wedding dress, you in yoga pants makes my heart skip a beat.
- To my doe: I love you, deer.
Funny Anniversary Quotes
Only funny anniversary quotes will do for the comical couple whose love is built on humor. These silly wedding anniversary quotes are perfect for the fun and playful duo who doesn’t take life too seriously. Here are a few anniversary wishes that are sure to make them laugh.
- I love you more than yesterday—yesterday you pissed me off.
- Here’s your annual reminder that you married up.
- Congrats on rocking this marriage shit.
- I know that loving me isn’t always easy, but at least it’s worth it.
- Like a kick to the gut, you’ll always take my breath away.
- Year after year, you’re still the only person I don’t want to punch in the throat.
- Choosing you makes up for all the bad decisions I’ve ever made.
Romantic Anniversary Quotes
If you’re not feeling the comical or cutesy happy anniversary quotes, perhaps you’ll want to go the more serious route. Keep the romance alive in your relationship with some of these heartfelt sayings that are sure to convey your love and admiration for your partner.
1. Of all the love stories in the world, ours will always be my favorite.
2. On this day, and every day, I am reminded why we are meant for each other.
3. Every day, I love you more than the day before.
4. My love for you continues to grow each day, as I love you more than I did yesterday and less than I will tomorrow
5. No words can express the everlasting love I have for you.
6. Happy anniversary to the love of my life and here’s to many more years of happiness to come.
Cute Anniversary Quotes
For the couple who has pet names, likes to match their outfits and recreate spaghetti scenes from Lady and the Tramp, only sweet anniversary quotes will do. We’ve created the following cute anniversary quotes with these kind of lovey-dovey couples in mind.
- Your face will always be my favorite.
- Thanks for keeping my feet warm at night.
- Owl I’ll ever need in life is you and the nest we built together.
- Thanks for never streaming a Game of Thrones episode without me by your side.
- Another year together and I’d still choose you over a room full of puppies.
- You’ll always be the cookies to my milk.
Anniversary Quotes for Parents
Mom and Dad got it right—no, not when making you!—but in having a lasting marriage. Through plenty of years filled with good, bad and everything in between, they’ve soldiered on together, as role models of what love is and how marriage works. Make sure you give major props to their marriage with these anniversary quotes for parents.
- Thanks for helping me believe that soulmates do exist.
- May today be almost as special for you as the day I was born.
- For all the love you gave us kids, thanks for never shorting one another.
- Thanks for making “love” mean more than I ever thought it could.
- Thank you for making it last as long as you have—the holidays are hard enough.
- When it comes to love, I hope the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
- You planted the seed years ago, but it’s your love that keeps our family tree rooted.
Anniversary Quotes for Friends
When it comes to friends, you can keep things pretty laid back. Instead of a card, how about sending anniversary wishes in a text message or social media post? Better yet, meet up for cocktails and toast the celebrating couple with some of these anniversary quotes for friends.
- Like peanut butter and jelly, you two are better together.
- You two give me #relationshipgoals.
- Congrats to the coolest couple who knows how to keep it hot.
- You two go together like popcorn and Netflix.
- It makes me happy to know you’ll always have each other…when you need a ride to the airport.
- If your love is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
- At least celebrating your love this year doesn’t require renting a tux.
- One plus one plus equals another year to celebrate you two.
One-Year Anniversary Quotes
It may seem like just yesterday that the wedded couple said I do, but it’s actually been 365 days. Now that’s something worth celebrating! When it’s time to defrost the year-old wedding cake in the freezer, try these 1-year anniversary quotes.
- One year down; the rest of our lives to go.
- May this year be merely the first of many great ones to come.
- May this special day be the first year of many.
- Here’s to 365 days marriage #IRL.
- 365 days later, and I’m still crazy for you.
- Only one year in and you’re making Mr. and Mrs. look easy.
Looking to pair your words with the perfect present? Shop our 1-year anniversary gift ideas.
5-Year Anniversary Quotes
Often overlooked for double-digit milestones, five years together is nothing to discount. With a half decade under their belts, here are the 5-year anniversary quotes just right to mark the occasion.
- High-five to your five-year milestone.
- Five years, 60 months, 260 weeks, or 1,825 days—however you count it, it all adds up to love.
- If a five-year wedding gift is silverware, then happy day to you two spoons.
- Congratulations to five years filled with new memories and many more to come.
- On one hand you have all the years of your marriage. May you run out of fingers and toes to count all those to come.
- Thanks to this wedding milestone, five is my new favorite number.
Make the couple’s day more memorable and select something from our 5-year anniversary gift ideas.
10-Year Anniversary Quotes
When it comes to 10-year anniversary gifts, traditions call for tin or aluminum, or diamond jewelry for something a bit more modern. But for anniversary wishes that are present enough, choose from these 10-year anniversary quotes for the decade-old couple.
- One decade down; forever to go.
- Ten years is only the beginning. So long as you’re together, the best is yet to come.
- May this major marriage milestone be one of many on your path to forever.
- Cheers to a decade filled with love! Break out the bubbly and toast to your past, present and future.
- May your vows mean as much today as they did a decade ago.
To celebrate your favorite couple’s dynamite decade, pick a present from our 10-year anniversary gift ideas.
25th Anniversary Quotes
Known as the “silver” anniversary, the 25th anniversary is a major milestone that is sure to give all couples #relationshipgoals. This amazing married duo clearly knows the secret to keeping the spark alive and compromising with ease. Give the kudos they deserve with these 25th anniversary quotes.
- For your 25th year in marriage, may you receive more silver gifts than you have silver in your hair.
- Your wedding may have been special, but it’s nothing compared to your 25-year marriage.
- A quarter may not sound like a lot in money, but in marriage centuries, you two prove it’s worth a fortune.
- Congrats on 25 years—but who’s counting?
- “Real love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- Fate had big things in store when the two of you were paired.
50th Anniversary Quotes
Reaching the “golden” anniversary is an accomplishment many couples strive for but few fail to check off their bucket lists. When it comes time to bow down to these masters of marriage, do so with these 50th anniversary quotes.
- “In life, it’s not where you go, it’s who you travel with.” – Charles Schulz
- Your everlasting love is an inspiration to us all.
- Cheers to your fairytale love story and for continuing to live “happily ever after.”
- Fifty years later and all that glitters is still gold.
- Congratulations on a love story that has stood the test of time—50 years and counting!
- May your good fortune in life match your years in marriage
Whether you are wishing your partner or your favorite couple a happy anniversary, a simple message can go a long way. Go for a funny wedding anniversary quote or try out one of the sappier ones. Whatever you do, choose one from the heart and you will be good as gold.