Are you looking for What Boots To Wear With Ankle Grazer Trousers? Read through for what shoes to wear with tapered trousers. The article contains how to wear ankle grazer trousers in winter. You will also find shoes for ankle length jeans in the post.
Looking good in your trousers shouldn’t be rocket science. But whether it’s bell-bottoms or skinnies, flares or straight leg, sometimes these things conspire against you—whether that means your body shape or your state of mind.
shoes for ankle length jeans
Being 4’11” means whether I like it or not, my trousers are cropped leaving me with a very particular affiliation right now: cold ankles. What was once a chic, stylish, failsafe outfit choice no matter the occasion, that slight bit of skin exposed to the chill ruins my day. And it’s only going to get worse.
The solution? Well, it’s complicated but not as complicated as searching the high street for ‘normal’ trousers in a 26″ leg. Boots seem like the obvious answer, but figuring out where they rise with where the hemline stops is an equation I’m not fit to master. Tights, too, may seem like an obvious fix, but getting it ‘wrong’ might leave you looking like the Avril Lavigne impersonator.
This dilemma is overwhelming so I’ve done what I always do when met with one of life’s many challenges: I scroll through Instagram. While Instagram usually acts as a distraction from real-life problems, this time, well this time, it had the answer. Turns out the Instagram-cool-girls have conquered this conundrum a long time ago and know exactly what it takes to cover up your ankles in style.
Put these six outfit combinations into practice and your (warm) ankles will be grateful.
What Boots To Wear With Ankle Grazer Trousers
I get it – exposed socks are somewhat problematic. But there’s a special genre of thin sock that will look good with trainers, loafers and the like.
Look for a style that’s a bit weightier than a pair of opaque tights; Lurex is good because it’s slightly metallic and shows you’ve really thought about your ankle game as opposed to throwing on your fluffy socks.13
Glitter Lurex Ankle Socks, €9, & Other Stories
WIDE LEG + CALF HIGH BOOTS = GENIUS
As long as they’re not slouchy, culottes and generously-cut wide-legs bottoms should work in harmony with a proper pair of calf boots underneath. Choosing a tall pair of boots that end right at the hemline will make for a more refined look. This way your outfit flows together and hey, if it’s good enough for VB. 13
Leather Cowboy Wedge Heel Boot, €119, Zara
GIVE IN TO THE SOCK BOOT TREND
Sock boots have officially become an integral part of many fashion girls’ wardrobes. If you have yet to jump on board this trend, I have a feeling I know why. Is it because you honestly have not the slightest idea what to wear with them? Same.
But it appears that a sock boot and cropped trousers is what gin is to tonic, the perfect accompaniment. Like a second skin, they will hug your lower calves snugly and slot nicely under hems with only the slightest of gaps. 13
Monki stretch ankle boots with block heel, €62.21, ASOS
TRY ANKLE BOOTS WITH ANKLE GRAZERS
Will there be a slight wedge of skin? Yes but compared to what you’re used to this is nothing. Granted, not every pair of ankle boots on the high street will possess this magical optimum length, but try shoes on at home first before making a big investment. 13
ARROW Leather Black Flat Leather Boots, €110, Topshop
Okay, I know I just said tights can’t work but Instagram has proven me wrong. Tights can provide a pop of colour beneath cropped pants for a unique look while also adding some much-needed warmth in the winter months.
Or match your tights to your boots for an elongating effect. Using this trick helps you to style any boots with cropped jeans, not just your cropped pairs.13
2-pack fine knit tights, €14.99, H&M
GO BACK TO BLACK
When in doubt, head-to-toe black makes your cropped pants with booties look instantly classic. Plus, it elongates your legs which is always a bonus when you’re 4’11”. 13
Elasticated Panels Leather Boots, €89.99, Mango
what shoes to wear with tapered trousers
Tips to Choose What Shoes to Wear with Your Jumpsuit
Jumpsuits are so on-trend right now, and it’s probably because they are so unbelievably easy to wear. They’re super versatile, flattering on everyone and are basically a whole entire outfit in just one comfy piece of clothing. But, while jumpsuits are certainly a worthwhile wardrobe staple, it can be a bit confusing trying to figure out how to complete the look with the perfect pair of shoes.
From cute wedges with florals to square toe sandals for culottes, here are seven tips to choose what shoes to wear with your jumpsuit.
1. Structured denim jumpsuits can be easily dressed up or down with a thoughtful choice in shoes.
Denim jumpsuits are super cool, and surprisingly versatile, too. Dress them down for weekend errands, or up for happy hour with the girls.
- Crisp, white sneakers are a clean, classic choice for dressing down a denim jumpsuit.
- A pair of nude heels help elongate the legs and elevate the look enough for date night.
- Cute wedges are comfortable and give you just enough extra height.
2. Be so ready for a big night out in a dressy jumpsuit and heels.
Dressy jumpsuits in flirty prints, bold patterns, and sparkly fabrics give you the chance to really play with your look for a fun night with friends. When your outfit is the main attraction, choose shoes that help it shine.
- Nude heels give you some height without detracting from the boldness of a dress jumpsuit.
- Studded heels offer an edgy touch to a cropped jumpsuit.
- Simple black pumps are anything but basic when styled with a sparkly jumpsuit.
3. Style casual jumpsuits with classic, practical footwear.
Typically, forgiving fabrics like cotton, jersey and linen make for more casual looking jumpsuits. Casual jumpsuits are great options for a day of errands, an afternoon at the beach, or a night out at the ballgame. The list of occasions is really endless.
Depending on what’s on the agenda, there are many different types of shoes you can choose to wear, but in general, practical options are ideal.
- Chunky sneakers in bright colors are very trendy and give off athleisure vibes.
- Ballet flats bring a feminine touch to an everyday outfit.
4. Simple jumpsuits get a burst of energy with a showstopping pair of shoes.
You can instantly, and easily, dress up a simple jumpsuit with a pair of shoes that steal the show. Add some earrings and a sparkly clutch and you’re instantly event-ready!
- Rhinestone stilettos might normally be considered too much, but not when dressing up a simple black jumpsuit.
- Punchy colors and bold prints, like neon pumps or snake print heels, bring a rush of energy to a white or neutral-colored jumpsuit.
- Shoes with gems, bows and other feminine embellishments offer some playfulness to an otherwise understated ensemble.
5. Make a jumpsuit work for a day at the office with comfortable, stylish heels.
Structured, tailored jumpsuits are a sophisticated option to wear to the office, especially if they’re dressed up with the proper shoes and accessories.
- Classic, black pumps are a perfect option for any office outfit.
- Strappy, heeled sandals easily transition from day to night.
6. Take a wide-leg jumpsuit to the next level with trend-forward footwear.
Whether casual or dressy, wide-leg jumpsuits are dramatic and sophisticated and deserve to be styled with a pair of shoes to match.
- Square toe heels are super trendy, and the perfect pair for a culotte jumpsuit.
- A fun pair of statement pumps balance out long, wide-leg jumpsuits, so pick a poppy color to peek out from below the pant legs.
7. No matter what type of jumpsuit you’re wearing, always dress for comfort.
No matter where you’re wearing your jumpsuit, you certainly want to make sure that you’ll be able to make it through the entire activity without feeling like your feet are on fire. As you style your outfits, take comfort into consideration, and choose cute shoes that you’ll feel confident and comfortable wearing all day – or all night.
Jump(suit) for Joy
There’s no better time to jump on the cute and flattering jumpsuit trend! Whether you’re planning a look for a casual day of errands, or a dressy dinner date, the proper shoes are your outfit’s perfect finishing touch.